Monday, May 24, 2010

The Humble Pen

This is my pen. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pen is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen, without me, is useless. Without my pen, I am useless. I must wield my pen true. I must write neater than my enemy who is trying to out-write me. I must write more interestingly and intelligently than he does. I will…

My pen and myself know that what counts in this war is not the paper we use, the noise of our nib scratching on the pad, nor the hand-ache we get. We know that it is the words that count. We will use many words…

My pen is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its pocket clip and its twisty top. I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage as I will ever guard my legs, my arms, my eyes and my heart against damage. I will keep my pen clean, ready and full of ink. We will become part of each other. We will…

Such a long.... oath? Statement? Just to present readers that this is the last post of this blog until further notice. Most probably after June 4 when my pen and I have finally defeated the enemy: exams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails