I took a trip to the cinema recently and it reminded me why I hate people.
When I say ‘people’, I don’t mean me. And I don’t mean you, if I like you. (If I don’t like you, I definitely do mean you). No, I mean the ‘general public’.Before we get into why people are rubbish however, I’d like to address the issue of why cinemas themselves are rubbish. Beginning with the fact that there is nothing to drink for under RM 2.50. Nothing, that is, other than tap water from the urine stained toilets or cartons of juice, which are about RM1.80 and, on this occasion, had sold out. Naturally. I ended up with a diet coke.
After all that slowly sipped small Diet Coke, the inevitable happened: I instantly needed the toilet. Which were located a corridor and two flights of stairs away. How convenient.
Anyway, I digress. Back to why I hate some other stuff.
Oh yes: very overweight child eating various packets of noisy food ALL the way through the film. What a marvellous way to occupy your obese infant; give him several packets of junk food to ‘keep him going’ for a strenuous two hours of sitting.
I’m being terribly judgemental of course. For all I know, they could have been off to a badminton class afterwards. Or KFC.
The man three seats away from me was a particular joy too. The way his phone kept lighting up like a fun little torch when he checked it for texts every fifteen minutes really added to the plot of the film and enhanced my viewing experience no end.
His too, I would imagine. What better way to really get involved in a film that you’ve paid nine ringgit, yes, that’s NINE ringgit, to see, than by texting your friends all the way through it?
All of these factors conspired to bring me to the realisation that the cinema has the potential to be a very stressful place for a person like me. If someone so much whispers too loudly, that’s it. I’m then on edge, waiting for them to do it again, totally distracted from the film.
Quite what the answer to this is, I don’t know. I could watch DVDs from now on and never go to the cinema again. Or I could not let other people bother me…
Obviously what I’ll actually do is carry on getting very annoyed at people and life and let all the irritation build up inside like a healthy volcano of rage until I explode and suffocate someone with their own Haribo Tangfastics.
Just Kidding!
Only the last part though. I really had this experience.Ta.

No comments:
Post a Comment