Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Cafe Rude
And another thing! I went to a restaurant that better remain anonymous.. Well, I say ‘went’, when what I actually mean is that I tried to go. Not from any great desire to try the food at this ‘restaurant/bar/café’ chain, you understand, it was just that, as it was the holidays I had a bad hangover and needed some stodge to make the badness go away.
The trouble was, the staff were busy (did mention it was the holidays?) and really didn’t want anyone else to come in. My dad asked if they had any tables, which they did (we could see about five empty tables), and if we could sit down, which we couldn’t.
We:“Why?”
They:“We’re quite busy at the moment.”
We:“Hmmm, that’s OK we don’t mind waiting.”
They:“Can you come back in twenty minutes?”
We:“What time do you stop serving food?”
They:“In ten minutes.”
We:“But we’d like to eat. Are you saying that we’ve missed food.”
They:“No, we’re just a bit busy at the moment. If you come back later, we might be able to sort something out.”
Might be able to sort something out? Might be able to sort something out? We were two hung over adults and two starving kids and the prospect that they might be able to sort something out was utterly unacceptable.
If they’d only just had the decency to say “Sorry, you’re too late.” I wouldn’t have minded. It was the fact that they were too scared to send us packing whilst really not wanting us there.
Which, made me think about the whole stupid, made up economy. Economists judge the economy based on who’s buying stuff that other people have made. What happens when everyone’s got everything they need? I mean, I know we keep inventing more pointless stuff for people to think they need to buy, but what a waste of everything.
Which only goes to show that I really should get out more if a bit of bad service starts my brain trying to save the world.
Labels:
In General,
Life Principles,
Reality
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment